Monday, January 9

Friday night KPD (soon to be S) and got ourselves ready and went out for dinner and drinks at one of our favorite spots. We wore our coats, but really didn't need 'em. It was 50° and holding. What's that about? A little foreshadowing I guess...

WTS? 60 degrees and clear skies?

Saturday morning, we awoke to Beady-eyed Chris Sowers giggling at his own warm weather jokes. 45° to start the day. I opened the garage to warm it up in there, spending some to prep the singles... cleaning, lubing, tweaking. By about 10:30, we were ready to roll south for our longest ride of the year.

The trails were decent... a little more moist than would be ideal, but not bad. Just slick enough in some corners to make things interesting. While out on our tour, the temps soared over 60°. Sixty degrees. In January. I sound like a broken record; I keep saying "I can't believe it's so warm..." I feel like I say this every ride.

I wonder if we'll just keep these warm days coming? I wonder when the winter's gonna hit? I wonder if mother nature is pissed? I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment