Thursday, December 1

Smells Like Ass in Here

You know the saying... Excuses are like assholes. Everybody has them and they all stink.

Lately, I feel like I could write a book about excuses. Take last night for example... Seven. I had seven excuses why not to ride last night. And Wednesday night isn't just any old solo ride either. No. Wednesday night is a well established weekly ride that has been around longer than my MTB racing career. It's the one night of the week where I let loose and hammer. It's the one night of the week that I go out and have a couple beers with riding buddies. All very good reasons to be there.

So why bail? Well... here goes nothin'



  1. "It's cold..." Right. It's like 50° and it's December. That excuse doesn't work at all, by any one's standards.

  2. "It's Windy..." Right. See above.

  3. "It's Raining..." Mmm Hmm. I think there was some light mist for about a minute and a half around 4pm.

  4. "I'm tired" If you're riding seven days a week, this one at times can be valid. But when you're riding twice a week like me, it's just lame.

  5. "It's Windy and I don't really feel like suiting up." See Number 1 above.

  6. "The lights aren't charged" well, this one is valid. I mean, I can't very well ride in the dark without lights. Never mind the fact that I did procrastinate when I got home and instead of charging them when I got home, I plopped down on the couch.

  7. "The bikes need some work." Partially true, but that hasn't stopped me for the past few several weeks...

In the end, I used all of these excuses to justify baggin' the ride, but truth be told, as soon as I started thinking excuse around lunchtime, the ride was over.


Meh. It's base building season and who needs base training, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment