Monday, February 6

Better Late Than... Whatever.

Despite battling sickness, last week was pretty good on the bike. I finally, I took advantage of the freakishly mild weather and fired out for a lunch ride early in the week. Wow. It's been months and I had forgotten how therapeutic and fun it can be to ride my bike in the midst of my work day. The Wednesday night ride, was a lot better for me than the last several had been. Ron and Mike still slapped me around, but feeling half decent on a hard ride is a more than welcome change. I could even see them at the top of a couple climbs. Win(sorta). The bonus is that I was in shorts and arm warmers for a late January night ride - so maybe the weather had something to do with how I felt. Whatever it was, I'll take it.

I was on the bike Saturday and Sunday with Kim, so that's four out of the last seven days. In my world, that's a pretty good stretch. I've got a bike and a kit in the car today and the view from my office is bright and blue. The National Weather Service thinks this week will be a good one, and I've got slightly more motivation that I've had all winter. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to harness it and have another "good" week.

No comments:

Post a Comment