Thursday, November 17

Summer Footwear; Autumn Rain

It's been a week since I've been on a bicycle. Driving over to the trails tonight, i was almost giddy. I was happy to be getting on a bike. Stoked about the opportunity to enjoy a short jaunt through the woods with KPD(soon to be)S. So much so that it didn't even matter that it'd been pissing rain all day and it was already dark outside. At 5PM.

Just as I pulled into the parking lot, It hit me. I forgot to grab my shoes off the floor of the garage. KPD(soon to be)S was a little more prepared (she always is) and with a limited window of opportunity, I didn't have time to run home and get some shoes. I made a game time decision and that decision was All systems: go close enough.

I mounted the Mariachi 'cross style and clipped right in placed my feet gently upon the Times. The beer koozie sole of my Sanüks conformed to the pedals just enough to create an illusion that I was securely attached to my bike. Unfortunately, this false sense of security led to a few oh shit moments and some antics out on the trail. The most noteworthy of which; a good blow to the junk as I stood to clear a wet root infested, punchy climb.

At least my walking funny isn't related to the aforementioned blow. It's my bruised metatarsals that are the culprit this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment